Is your spouse or close relative a U.S. citizen or permanent resident? Bennett Grossman can help you get a green card.

Family-based permanent residence (i.e., the “Green Card”) can be gotten one of two ways: Adjustment of Status, where the you apply by mail while you are in the U.S, or Consular Processing, where you apply while in your home country.

Family-based Adjustment of Status

If one of these categories apply to you and your priority date is current, you might be eligible for family-based adjustment of status:

  • Family member: You either have an approved I-130 or are filing it concurrently.
  • Fiance(e): You were admitted to the United States as the K-1 fiancè(e) of a United States citizen and you married that citizen within 90 days of your entry. If you were admitted as the K-2 child of such a fiancè(e), you may apply to adjust status based on your parent's adjustment. If you married the U.S. citizen but not within the 90-day time limit, your spouse also must now file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. If you did not marry the U.S. citizen who filed the K-1 petition in your behalf, or if you married another U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you are not eligible to adjust status in the United States.

Call Bennett Grossman for a FREE Consultation

The more you understand the immigration process and the importance of the proceedings, the more you can be involved in the solution. Bennett Grossman wants you to gain insight from the experience, no matter the outcome.

When you are searching for an attorney in the South Florida area, choose one who will help you in more ways than one.